Health Benefits of Drinking Water in Copper vessels
According to Ayurveda, water stored in a copper vessel has the ability to balance all the three doshas in your body, (vata, pitta and Kapha) and it does so by positively charging the water. The water stored in a copper vessel is known as ‘tamara jal’ and is supposed to be consumed after storing the water in a copper vessel for at least eight hours.
- Scientific studies have shown that copper removes bacteria and impurities from water due to the antimicrobial properties of certain metals.
- Copper is an essential mineral that human body requires for metabolic functioning
- As we know the human body cannot synthesize copper, we need to obtain it from dietary sources. However, they only provide small amounts of copper, leading us to find the balance from other sources like drinking copper infused water.
- Copper helps neutralize toxins, ionize and balance the pH in water making the water fit for consumption.
- In addition to these the Other benefits include: reducing inflammation, improving digestion and boosting immunity
Benefits of drinking water in Copper vessels
1. Helps the digestive system perform better
2. Aids in weight loss
3. Helps heal wound faster
4. Slows down ageing
5. Helps maintain cardiovascular health
6. Can fight Cancer
7. Can kill bacteria
8. Stimulate brain
9. Regulates the working of Thyroid glands
10. Beats arthritis and inflamed joints
11. Skin health and Melanin production
12. Beats Anaemia
How Do I Get Started?
- Clean your vessel using a half of a lemon. I like to squeeze the juice out and then use the rind like a sponge to gently scrub the vessel. Rinse well.
- Store your vessel on your altar or other clean sacred place in your house. Fill it with fresh filtered water every evening and let the copper infuse into the water as you sleep. If there is a full moon, place the vessel under the moonlight. The water will become ultra charged with cooling and nourishing moon qualities.
- Sip this water throughout the day. Use the copper water as your room temperature special drinking water.
According to the FDA, about 12 mg/day is more than sufficient for the body to use without causing any harm. So, do not overdose the entire exercise. Drinking water twice or thrice in a day from a copper vessel is more than enough to get its benefits.
Dr Naveen Shukla
Director Nature Care Ayurveda